Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 24

So in case your wondering.  The Chicago Bulls are 61-21.  Best record in the NBA.  I'm not a big NBA fan, but when I am, go Bulls. 

Today, I started the day off in a great mood.  Went to class, came back, job hunted, applied for a few places, went to work, made some good money.  Got back to my room, and it's like something clicked.  I became transparent, nonchalant about my walk with Christ.  Suddenly, I didn't really care.  This attitude of what I like to call "pshhhhtness" (that's a trademark Zach Robinson term, kthanks#), came over me.  I went to prayer groups and I was just so whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttever God.  Yep, sure, Uhuh. Whatever.  Ya'll know how we get.  I came back to my room, worked out, cleaned up, got ready for bed, but then I did something important.  I got in the word, even when I didn't feel like it, and what I read was pretty cool.  I am in the proccess of reading/studying 1 Corinthians, and I was in chapter 6 today.  If you've read it, you know the majority of the book is about sexual immorality.  Being a 19 year old guy, my sex drive is usually about through the roof, so it was good to read and refresh on why it is so important to stay sexually pure.  However, the main thing I took out of this didn't just pertain to sexual immorality, it pertained to life as a whole. 

1 Corinthians 6:19 says

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies"
That is speaking to me on so many levels.  The words, "we were bought at a price", ( that price being Jesus, God's SON),  they really mean something.  Reading this, it kinda hit me.  It jolted me.  That whatever I was feeling earlier became God saying to me This is why you are to follow me.  Because I bought you and you are not your own!.  Those are powerful, powerful words.  It hit me, woah Zach, your not living for you, your living for God, he owns you.  Immeadiately that spirit I had earlier left me, and the spirit of God filled me.

Just thought I'd share that lil' story with ya'll today.

My hands are dry, I'm sore, tired, ready to sleep, tired, fried, tired, x60, so .. goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment