Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 14 - Two Weeks

Two weeks.  It's going by fast, only five left!  Today was a chill day.  I had a good weekend of work and hanging out with my dear friends Abi and Taylor from back home in Galax.  They came up to the big city for CFAW, so it was good to spend some time with some great friends from back home.

For the past six months, I've had the opportunity to work at a fine dining restaurant in Lynchburg, called The Crown.  I've made a lot of friends and memories there, but one person in particular, has had a rather powerful impact on my life in the short amount of time I have known him.  His name is Matthew Bryant, and today was his last day.

I don't know if you've ever just met someone who has led by example, but that is the type of guy this guy is.  He wouldn't ever own up to it, but he is different.  He used to tell me he tried not to care about how much money he made, he was more worried about the example he set for his non believing co-workers.  His life, was his testimony, not his words.  Never partial to anyone, never heard him speak a cold word, or turn a deaf ear.  He, at least in my experiences with him, always exhibited the love of Christ.  Every night I  would need a ride home from work, he was the first to offer.    He is the kinda guy that is just a real pleasure to be around, a real pleasure to know. Working in a fast paced, not exactly Christian environment, it has been awesome having a strong Christian Influence, someone who has been so real about their faith, there to encourage and mentor me.   I have been blessed.

It has been such a blessing seeing God place such a role model in my life, at such a crucial time of my life.  Through this, through the friendship I have developed, I have seen God answer my prayers.  I have seen God work in my life, through someone else.    It is just weird how God works.  It's like God is one step ahead of the game.    I ask for an example, for an influence, and he gave me a great one.  It's kinda funny to, because now that I'm leaving, he's leaving too.  It is just so weird how God works, it is crazy.    


Anyways, it's 3 am, and I'm getting up bright and early.  Ya'll take care, and I love everyone of ya'll.

Decues.

No comments:

Post a Comment