Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 21 - Start of week three

Hey ya'll.  Shew, Can't believe it's been three weeks.

Tonight, I don't feel like writing again, but I will do so.  Today was a lazy Saturday.  I made the surprise trip home to see the family for a night, and will be heading back to the bubble tomorrow evening.  Today, I saw God's power in nature.  Yesterday was one of the worste severe weather outbreaks I have seen in my lifetimes.  The nearby town of Pulaski Virginia got hit hard, with over 400 houses sustaining significatn damage.  Driving through the disaster area today was numbing.  I have never seen so much destruction in my life.  Houses lifted off of their foundations and spun.  Cars completely smashed or flipped over.  Trees twisted and snapped, laying in places they shouldn't be.  Families standing along side the road at a shelter, with no where to go.  Houses, completely destroyed.  It was devastating.  It honestly kinda put the fear of God in me a little bit.  I don't think God made the tornado hit Pulaski to "punish" anyone, not like that.  I do think however the tornado is indicative of just how powerful our God is.  God created this storm, which is just a glimpse of a glimpse of a glimpse, to the millionth, of how powerful our God is.  It was sad and inspiring all at the same time.  I will try to upload some pictures and share them later this week.

Until then

Peace Ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment