Sunday, March 27, 2011

One Week - Day 7

So today's the 1 week mark of this challenge.  6 weeks left.

Today, quite simply, I saw God pick me up, and comfort me.  I've been struggling with some things, like we all do.  Today though, the Spirit won.  As opposed to getting all down and out, and questioning God, turning to sin to try and escape from my displeasures, I turned to the Lord.  I didn't even feel like I came running though, rather, he lifted me up.

Psalm 146: 3-7

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

To have that promise, repeated over, and over, and over again is so reassuring, so comforting to know.  That's where I saw God today.  To feel my heavenly father pick me up, when I feel pretty dang down, it's a pretty good feeling.

On another note, the snow busted, once again.  This just isn't our winter.  Can't wait for summer, the river, friends, baseball... you name it.  Get here quick.

Finally, I want to leave you guys with this quote.  One of my favorite authors, Ernest Hemingway

 "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another".

Take that, and apply it to your faith.  What distinguishes us in the way we live OUR daily lives, from anyone else?

Stay Classy San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment