Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 8

Whaddddup Doods.

So here it is, Day 8.  Today was just one of those, lets be lazy days.  But, I went to church! Twice! haha.  I tried out Brentwood, a local church here in Lynchburg today.  I was talking with my friend Alex about the potential of me transferring next year, and he said something that stuck with me, and I honestly believe it's true to the core.

Christian growth, and sustaining your faith is all about community, fellowship, with other believers.

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense.  I don't need a biblical example to see the truth in that, it's been in front of my my whole life.  Logically, it makes sense.  The more Christian people you have around you, the easier it will be to find your hope and your strength in the Lord.

Speaking of which.  I've had a heavy heart lately.  For about the past 3 months, I have been considering the option of transferring to Virginia Tech, to study Geo-spatial Analysis and Meteorology, two things I LOVE.  However, at the same time, I LOVE Liberty.  This is honestly one of the best places I've ever been at.  I'm growing in my faith so much.  It's like, I'm getting an education here, but I'm also getting a spiritual education, all the time, non stop.  It has been a tough decision, honestly probably the toughest decision I have ever had to make.  If I go to Tech, I'll be studying something I love, have great Christian friends, ( who are already there), be closer to home, and save money.


The choice sounds cut and dry, and I'm honestly leaning heavily toward Tech, but I can't make my mind up.  I feel like maybe God wants me to stay here, maybe he's telling me something I'm not yet hearing, maybe he's too big for me to understand?  I don't think there's a "right" option for me to choose.  I don't believe God is saying, don't take path one to Virginia Tech,  this is not at all what I had planned for your life and you are defying my will."..or.. "If you stay at Liberty I promise I will give you this, and this, and this, and this, and this".   I don't believe that's how God works.  God is too big, too vast, for us to understand.  I am still searching for a peace.  As soon as I come to one, my mind switches back to the other.


I do know one thing however, which leads me to my main point for the night... how I saw God today.

Whichever path I choose to go, I know one thing is certain, and this much, I have a peace about.  Whatever I choose, If I actively seek God's direction with all of my heart, soul, and mind, his love and mercy will fill me, and I will be content with that alone.


God has just really shown me, almost like he's saying, "Listen, your Zach, I'm God.  Seek me, I love you, I won't let you down, as long as I am first in your life."

Anyways, you CC folks that are reading this enjoy those couple inches of powder in the morning.. if your from Liberty or Raddy or Tech or any other college campus... 6 weeks of school left.  Freakin' Right.

Love ya'll.  It's late.

Deuces.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that VT has a strong Christian community there as well if you look for it. Personally, I believe that being in the right career with God's blessing is a great thing. As a result, if you believe you have God's blessing with your career choice, VT seems like a great option-- especially when LU doesn't offer those options.

    Another thought is that you may ended stronger with better appreciation for your Christian community and fellowship where it's more of a challenge like at Tech vs at LU where many more take their faith seriously. While you are very grounded and serious about your faith, it may ramp it up to the next level at a place like VT where your "light" will be shining brighter so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith, appreciate the comments! I never thought about the second point you made, it makes alot of sense. I really appreciate the input. It's almost like going to Tech, would be the leap of faith, cause I'm leaving my comfort zone here at Liberty. Someone told me friday night, "If you leave your comfort zone the rewards will be great".

    Thanks for your input, glad to know someone reads this thing! haha.

    btw, we recieved about 3" of snow back home on the mountain in Carroll County!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping we'd sneak a little snow up here but I didn't lose any sleep over it.

    Being candid, I went to a Christian school k-5 to 12th grade, 1 year at U of Delaware, transferred to Tennessee Temple for my BS degree. I then went to get my MA in counseling at Liberty. Looking back,it may have been better to sit on the other side of the fence for at least one degree to appreciate how nice it is to be surrounded by believers. I believe it forces you to rely more on your actual beliefs and faith rather then the friends you have with those same beliefs.

    Good luck and keep me and I'm all for you being a meteorologist.

    ReplyDelete