Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 9

So today was one of those "valley" days.  Really busy, not much time to do anything other than stuff that stresses you out.  When my day was over all I wanted to do was cuss and drink a beer.  I didn't exactly have the last option, being at Liberty, but it's safe to say I was far from turning to the Lord for my strength throughout the day.

However, two cool things happened.

1)  I received some encouragement and advice from someone I have became acquainted with through my passion with the weather.  It was unexpected, but a pleasent surprise, and I have NO DOUBT in my mind that it was God answering my prayer for a sense of direction.  Reflecting, now that I have decompressed, it is so weird, so cool just to see how God has put so many people, places, opportunities in my life.  It even works in the opposite way as well.  For instance, all winter I was like, "I'm gonna work at a summer camp this summer!" Woooohooo!.  When the time came to apply for positions, I applied to several all over the East Coast.  I got a few offers, but not the one I really wanted.  I guess that was God's way of saying, answering my prayers, telling me his plans are different than mine.


2)  I saw God this evening when a brother in Christ texted me, and simply told me to stay strong in the Lord.  Little did he know of the above problems I was having all day, of the temptations that had been rolling through my mind, of the apathetic state of mind I have been carrying toward God all day.

But God Came Through, when I LEAST expected it.


I wasn't even looking for it and he's like " hey son, keep your eyes up here, not down there".  It is just so cool to see, when it actually happens in your own life.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna write about something that's been weighing on my heart lately.

I leave you guys with this quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter".  Think about this, and how it pertains to our Christian walk.

"No man for any considerable period of time, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true."

No comments:

Post a Comment