Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DAY 10

Feels so good to say that! Double Digits!

As I continue to keep going, and find the strength to post, when I really don't feel like it, I feel God speak to me even more.

Today's is gonna be really short.  These past 2 days have been insane.  Between homework, studying for a final, work, making sure EVERYTHING is perfect with the Virginia Tech transfer stuff, looking for a summer job, searching/ investigating places to live for next year, class, I have pretty well neglected spending time in the word, and in prayer.  Today I was struggling to find God, for these very reasons.  It was a busier day than yesterday.  The day started off bad, with me missing a quiz, got worse with homework I couldn't figure out.. I could go on, but I'd be complaining.  Let's just say by 4pm, I wasn't in a very Christ like mood.  Checking out of Wal-Mart however, that changed.  I was greeted, by honestly the nicest lady I have ever been greeted at in any kind of store.  She told me I should smile more, that I was good at it.  That's all it took.

The best part?  I didn't say a word to her before that.  That was the very first thing she said to me.  She didn't know I was having a bad day, a bad week.  She was joyful.  She used her good spirit, to influence me.  I don't know if she was saved or not, but there was something about her that stood out.  I believe we can see Christ in anything, and I saw Christ in her.  For the rest of the evening, no matter what happened, I didn't get down, I didn't get upset.  I was constantly reminded of this lady, and the joy, the smile she put on my face.

I can see God in that.

Also -- I'd like to thank my Grandfather Robinson.  He has been a HUGE encourager, leader, mentor to me in the word.  If it wasn't for his emails or his phone calls constantly reminding me to stay in the word, sending me scripture, telling me he loves me, I don't know if I would be doing this so whole 49 day challenge.  I have really been blessed with the best parents and grand parents I could ask for.

Anyways.. I leave you with this quote from "Shoeless Joe Jackson, Field of Dreams (1989)


Man, I did love this game. I'd have played for food money. It was the game... The sounds, the smells. Did you ever hold a ball or a glove to your face? 

How I miss baseball...

I'm out for the night. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment