Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nothing beat the fresh cut grass, the chalk, and the eye black...

I'm going through some major baseball withdrawls.  I haven't really enjoyed it since my senior year of high school, I was miserable at Bluefield, where I played my freshman year.  The other night, I was thinking about my old man, and how we used to ride home together after almost every game, and just talk about baseball.  I was always so hard on myself, and he would always tell me "Zach, just relax, it's that simple!"? ( or something along those lines)

That year, my senior year, Galax had their first winning season in like 20 years.  We were litterally one shoestring catch from making the playoffs for the first time since the 80's.  However, I will never forget the bond I shared with those guys.  We were such a team, and I miss it like crazy.

That's what we did when we got on base ;)
Me and Todd (Back Left) after a big win vs. Auburn
Me diving....almost..
The Team
hahahaha. "sliding" back to first..

Without a Doubt my most favorite... Me and the old man waiting for the change on the mound...

Getting hit in the Elbow with an 80 mph fastball doesn't feel to great..

 Single to left. haha.





Alright, like for real.  I'm done nerding it up.  This is probably the most homo thing I've ever done. hahaha. It's whatever.  It's late. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment