Sunday, August 22, 2010

Innaugural Post

Hey what up guys. I'm Zach. First let me start this off with telling you guys a little bit about myself. I'm from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia. I'm 19 years old and attend a pretty amazing Christian University - Liberty U. It is a rocking place to be at.




I got here in a weird way. I swore to myself in high school I'd never show up here, stupid rules. I went to a small NAIA school my freshman year for baseball, and I couldn't stand it. All my dreams and aspirations just kind of evaporated right in front of me. Everything I had worked for, I just kind of lost interest and gave it up like that. I was going through a pretty down time in my life. I was away from home for the first time. I had it bad for this girl, and I mean bad. Ha-ha. Baseball wasn't going good, and my shoulder was all tore up. Worst of all though, I was far from God. I was standing right next to him, but there was a glass wall in between us. I could see him, but I couldn't feel him, hear him, anything like that. I was numb.



I had made the decision in April that Liberty was going to be my new school home. I was nervous; I was taking a leap of faith. While still not super close to God, I had gained some ground thanks to some close friends at Bluefield. I didn't know why, not a clue, but I knew God was calling me to LU; I had such a peace with it. It was one of those things where I didn't (still don't really) know what I was doing, but I knew I was doing what God wants me to do. Proverbs 16:9 says

"A man's heart plan's his ways, but the lord directs his path"

I stumbled across this when I was reading my bible one of the few times I have this summer. I've never forgotten it, because it is so true, and I have seen how it has worked in my life. No matter what Zach Robinson tries to do, God holds the trump card, and he'll play it eventually.



Anyways, back to my story. About mid July I'm still kind of in this glass in between me and God stage, when some of my closest, lifelong friends, had the courage to tell me straight up I wasn't living right. I put the word Christian to shame. Looking back, Gosh did me ever. I wasn't drinking or partying or whatever, but I just wasn't living right. I had no respect for my mother, the most amazing woman I know. I treated my friends like dirt, and girls were just a number. God? He wasn't even around. I just didn't care. Then it hit me, and it hit me hard. It was a heart problem, I had none. I don't even know what happened to it, or how I got to that point, I just did. It hurt at first, but I think God for putting the right people in my life, to hold me accountable.



That was like less than a month ago - - but I'm making some major progress or at least I think so. I've cut the whole cussing thing down quite a bit and that glass wall between me and God is really cracking, which is a pretty cool feeling. I'm nowhere, I mean nowhere close to where I want to be. I dropped the F bomb today on the way to work and I'm really ashamed of it, but I had someone there to hold me up and tell me what's up. Accountability is key. I want people to look at me and say "hey, he's different, he actually lives like a Christian", not just some athlete who goes to church on Sundays.



God's putting a lot of big questions on my heart - like how to lead? How to grow? Is there a right way to do Christianity? Discipleship? - - Stuff along those lines, so hopefully I'll keep you guys interested.



I will talk about a lot of other stuff too, baseball, college football, weather. Poems (I love to write Poem's songs, raps) and random Random Crap. Ha-ha. Anything you name it. I'll try to hit the whole God topic once or twice a week.



Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment