Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Ish.

They say when your drunk you say what you feel..
When you sip that drink your words become real…
Speaking my mind, and wasting the time..
All just a cover to throw you a line…

This heartbeat in my head, it doesn’t show or reveal…
It keeps your memory alive in my head, firm as steel..
A short time yes, but just long enough,
To make me think this could be…the good stuff…

A fear so fragile, because of a heart so burnt…
A man, scared to death, to let himself hurt.
You would think by now, his lesson would be learned…
You’d think by now, his heart would be cured…

Don’t come back for me, don’t come back at all..
When you realize what you lost, I hope you fall..
Hit your knees so hard, your heart hits the fan…
You know how it feels, to hurt like this man..

No comments:

Post a Comment