Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Ish 2

Woke up this morning, my feet hit the floor..
Said to myself, wonder where I’ll go…
Thought to myself, should I try to show her more?
Lied to myself, knowing the answer should be no..

Opened myself, I let you tear down my walls..
Showed myself to you, I let you let yourself in..
Convinced myself, it was worth the risk, it was worth it all..
Cried to myself, the night you let me fall…

Drunk to myself, shot whiskey through my brain…
Kept to myself, all the things I wanted to say..
Cried to myself, the night you left me in the rain..
Told myself, it’ll get better, there’s a better way…

Not sure of myself, not knowing where I went wrong..
Scared of myself, as my heart grows colder..
Writing to myself, that’s why I’m writing this song.
Remembering myself, as the years grow older..

No comments:

Post a Comment