Friday, September 3, 2010

Jimmy Eat World.

I'm totally nerding it up right now. The flu is what I'm dubbing this illness but it sucks pretty bad.  I've been in bed all night and can't sleep, so I'm up trying to read some scriptures/ jam out some, but here's what I've come up with.

Here's some quick thoughts running through my mind. 

  • It's gonna be an amazingly beautiful weekend.  High's in the 70's and low's in the 40's.
  • Business Managment is gonna be tough.
  • Seek God's timing, don't try to do things on your own.
Provers 16:9, without a doubt comes to mind tonight. 
 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps"

I can't help but think of my story, and how I got here, to where I'm at in my relationship with God now.  While I'm certainly new to this, I'm so much closer to God now, then I have ever been at any point in my life.

I was reading through Hebrews tonight when I came accross this passage in Chapter 6:4-6

"It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

Don't read into this the wrong way.  Hebrews was written mainly toward believer's in Christ.  This passage, or at least it is my understanding that in this context, was written to Believer's.  I don't see this passage as a simplified warning " if you fall away from Christ, there's no hope".  I believe that is foolish because everyone, no matter what is always going to go through a rough time in their walk with Christ.  There will always be highs, lows and everything in between. 

However, I believe this passage is stating that once we are Christians, once we truely believe, if we choose to walk away, if we fade away, then there is ABSOLUTELY no hope for us, and there never was.  If we've truely expereinced, truely tasted God's Majesty and power, yet still fall from faith, then there is no hope for us to come to our senses.

Rather than look at this passage from a "dont fall from your faith" standpoint; I believe it's pretty clearly saying "Look, you've tasted me, you've seen me, you've seen that I am God, yet you still choose to fade, it is completely useless, and there is truely no hope".

No comments:

Post a Comment