Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"I'm just not good enough"

This post is gonna try to stay short and too the point.  It's late, I had class all morning, then worked 7 hours this evening, so I'm beat, but here goes.  I was reading through some scipture earlier this evening when I oppened to 2 peter.  I was going to read the whole book, but just stopped after one because of what I read.

2nd Peter 1:3-4 says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for a life of godliness throuhg our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.  Through these he has given us his very great and prescious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world caused by evil desires".

vs. 1:5-8 reads "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness;, and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self control; and to self control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.  For it you possess these qualities in incerasing mesaure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.".

This is pretty straightforward to me.  Romans 10-9-10 reads "If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart he died, you will be saved; (KEY PART most people leave out) for it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, with your mouth you confess". 

If we are saved, and claim to be saved, we have no excuse not to be living it.  2 Peter makes it very clear that we have all of these tools necessary, and that it is a matter of the heart weather we actual live up to our billing as Christians.

A friend of mind talked to me today, and said "Ya know, we've grown up in a place where were pretty much born Christians", yet me, my friends, we don't live that way, so why claim to be it? Until I get some things figured out I'm not even going to claim to be a Christian." 
As painful as that is to hear, as a follower of Christ, I say kudos to her, because she has the guts to standout and s'ay look, were not living like God has called us, so why even claim it?" 

I'm praying for her because God has put alot of big questions on her heart, and at least she has the guts to put her foot down, and say look, this isn't right, even if that means denying the Christian faith. 

On another note, I started a book today called "Sex God, exploring the endless connections between spirituality and sexuality".  I'm looking forward to this book.  In the preface it says " to make sense of one, we have to explore the other".  I'm hoping to gain a greater appreciation of purity, and hoping it will help me grow and stay strong in my walk with Christ.

Until next time, stay classy San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment