Thursday, August 25, 2011

I just wrote another song at 3am! LETS GO


So I kinda like to write.  Actually, I love it.  I write so much stuff.  I write alot, so I'm not sure if you guys can decipher the meaning behind the stuff that I do decide to post.  So from now on, when I post, I'll tell you the meaning, the purpose behind the song.

The basic theme for this song, is how we let our past experiences with love and relationships, dictate, and often ruin something much greater in the future.  I start in 09, in the past, and try to work my way forward, to the present, describing many missed opportunities I wish I would have taken, but didn't because of fear coming out of my first real heartbreak my freshman year of college.  This song is about a real experience for me.  Not slamming the girl I dated back in 09.  Rather singing about escaping the fear the heartache tortured me with for the next couple years.  I missed some chances at some pretty special things, because I let the fear of heartache dictate my choices.  The memory of that pain, caused me to hurt others, hurt myself, and pretty well choke some things that could have been great.

 This song is about that emotion, that feeling, because we all feel it.    We are scared to love again, because of how our heart hurt in the past.  It's something thats real, and if we can learn from our past and grow, and overcome it, well be better off in the end.  

Hope yall enjoy..

(Verse  1)
These 10 weeks of summer, are coming to an end…
And me I was where I started, stuck in that place again..
I could feel the wind behind me, as the rest of life passed me by…
But me I stood there haunted, my memories, frozen in time…

It’s been a couple years now, but you still cross my mind..
A place I left so quickly, I left it all behind..
Not knowing where it would take me..I just closed my eyes and prayed..
Searchin’ for an answer, it got lost somewhere along the way…

(Chrous 1)
Yeah I  was kinda hopin…you’d never cross my mind again..
When I found a greater love, I’d know better of, than go back to your memory bed..
And now I’m forgetting…all the things I learned along the way..
My mind goes back in time, to that summer of 09’, and the way I felt that day…

(Verse 2)
If only for a minute, I could rewind time…
I’d go back to where I met ya, and never throw  that line…
Whenever love came knockin, you were  always there in my head…
Telling me that I’m not worthy, that she can’t make me love again…

 A year and 6 months later, yeah I believed that lie…
Tellin me I’m not worthy, that love’s a waste of time..
Too late I realized, what you made me miss, all along..
You forced your hand of brokenheartedness, yeah long after you were gone…

(Chorus 2)
Yeah now I’m sitting here knowin…youll never cross my mind again
You see when I found a greater love, something far better of,  I let you kill it in the end..
And now I’m forgetting.. all the fears you placed along the way…
My mind goes back in time, to the summer of 09’, as I laugh at your memory today..

(Bridge)
I let your pain drown me, it burned me to the core..
1 year 8 days later, yeah my heart was still all tore..
When I tried to love again, the fear crept into my head, reminded by you, again…
And now I’m singin…

(Chorus 3)
Yeah now I’m sitting here stronger, strong as I’ve ever been…
Next time I find a greater love, something far better of, you won’t even know it in the end.
And now I’m praying..for all the love I lost along the way..
My mind goes back in time, to summer this July, as I remember a smile today…

These 10 weeks of winter..are coming up on me..
I can feel the fire its burning, burning back into me…





No comments:

Post a Comment